Innovative international online negotiation platform for vessels that ensures efficient sales processes
“Having experienced more than 22 years in yacht brokerage, the sale of used yachts and boats, online registrations for superyachts, boat advertisement websites, voluntary auctions and private sales, the changes in the used-boats market are becoming more and more evident. The specific requirements and expectations of both buyers and sellers of yachts and ships are evolving. In addition to the existing online and offline channels with static advertisements and sales information, there is now also a greater need for international, interactive and discrete sales channels. That is what ultimately led to the development of Vesselbay.com, the alternative negotiating platform for yachts to find and connect with buyers worldwide,” explains Dimitri de Laat, founder of Vesselbay.com."
After all, real sellers are looking for real buyers. The combination of yachts/vessels with a discreet online negotiation channel attracts potential buyers. This is why we created the original digital platform: Vesselbay.com listings put every yacht, superyacht and commercial vessel in the international spotlight immediately.
- Dimitri de Laat (founder & partner)
- Rinske Molenschot (partner)
- Joeri Saly (purchase support)
- Gerrit Spekman (maritime advisor)
- Maritime online marketeers (2)
- Growth hacker
- International Senior Maritime Associate (supervisor buyer introductions)
- Legal department (2)
Private negotiations: the best results for buyers and sellers alike
What sets Vesselbay apart is the way it allows buyers and sellers to negotiate a price for their listing in private.
• A negotiating process only starts when a listing owner expresses an interest in any prospective buyer’s offer.
• If the seller is interested in an offer, Vesselbay will provide contact details.
• After the private negotiation is concluded, a preliminary price agreement can be made.
• The listing owner and prospective buyer then have 60 days to arrange a viewing, sea trial, engine run test or survey. Private offers are not binding.
• If both parties are happy, the deal is sealed. The only costs for the seller are a 1% commission to Vesselbay (+ monthly fee).
No time wasted
At Vesselbay we connect people together in an efficient and fair process that ensures the best result for both sides of the equation. Because sellers and prospective buyers have already agreed on a preliminary bid, there are no unnecessary viewings or empty purchase price expectations.
Moreover, yachts & vessels can be viewed, tested and surveyed at any point in time before a purchase is made. As there is no obligation to purchase, buyers need not worry about hidden repair costs and unforeseen disappointments in the future.
Listing on Vesselbay.com? Seller in full control
A Vesselbay listing shows the negotiable price. Potential buyers who have registered through the website may discretely make a private bid for the vessel through the website. In other words, the bid of the prospective buyer is not visible on the website. This invisible bid is also free of engagement. Any bid made through the website is communicated to a private seller or broker immediately. After a bid has been made, it is up to the broker or private owner to initiate private negotiations with the bidder. The owner is not obliged to sell the vessel to a private bidder.
Yes, we are going to introduce you to many potential buyers
1. Sellers gain access to more potential buyers via our alternative additional sales channel;
2. The large number of yachts/vessels combined with a discreet online bidding channel attracts potential (HNWI) buyers;
3. Major exposure for your central listings over a period of 4, 8, 12 or 16 weeks.
Private offer invitation listings
Vesselbay listings invite potential buyers to make an offer and start negotiating privately. A private negotiating process kicks off when a listing owner is interested in your private offer.
Enormous exposure for your listings over 4, 8, 12 or 16 weeks
Your central listing could be sent out to over 75,000 or 175,000 (super)yacht industry recipients (additional cost).
Vesselbay uses a unique strategy. In addition to displaying offer invitation listings, we also keep track of all new price reductions on the international yacht & vessel market and show them on our site in real time, alongside our listings. Simply put, this means Vesselbay.com attracts valuable traffic.
Vesselbay in a nutshell
- Over 3,000 buyer introductions since 1998
- Over 175,000 yacht and maritime industry recipients at our fingertips
- More than 20 years of development & online experience (yachting portals, tender sales and yacht brokerages) with central listing brokers and 4,000 boats, superyachts and commercial vessels